About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Monday, October 19, 2015

BEYOND DREAMS #Ugblogweek


Recently I was brought back to the reality that dreams can be challenged.As ambitious as I am and as ready as I am to take on life,I was brought to the realisation that sometimes things will stand in the way of what we are pursuing.I had the hope that applying for a masters scholarship would come by easy if I did all the necessary preparation. From getting all the documentation ready and all the little details in place,I was dumbstruck when all the doors to a masters scholarship that once seemed open,were far from attainable. I sat back as I saw the last effort of me trying to get into graduate school next year dwindle thin air.


But it was not without a lesson for me to learn.Dreams go beyond dreaming and trying to achieve them,there is alot of underlying work that works together to deliver us to our desired end.Paulo Coelho once said,"If you have a dream,the universe does conspire to get it attained" and while that might be true,there will be forces as well that will challenge our dreams and bring us back to the reality that sometimes things just don't go our way.Sometimes it is a case of my will be done rather than Gods will,other times it is just not the right timing and most of the times the dreams needs some more maturation.

Beyond our dreams, are forces that will teach us to prepare better and hope for some more but that lies only in our ability to accept a failure,pick its lessons and then go back on the drawing board and dream better and bigger.Beyond our dreams is hope not despair. And it is in always having hope that our dreams eventually show manifest.
I know it is not until disappointment comes our way,that we can appreciate the journey that others have walked before us. Don't stop in the tatters of your dreams...go on and dream some more.That is working wonders for me.

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *